Monday, August 27, 2012

Stitch

Tucker is also known as "stich" this week.  Last Tuesday I was taking the afternoon off to take him to meet his teacher, visit the chiropractor and get ready for school!  I was just about ready to leave school when I had a phone call from mom, well I silenced it and thought, I will call her later!  I was in the lunch room with lots of kids and adults.  Soon after my sister came to tell me to call mom, she was at Denny's and Tucker had cut his knee and probably needed stitches.  Therefore I called Brandon and asked if he could go assess the situation.  He headed that direction and I headed North.  When I called the doctors office they told me we might as well go to ER the doctors were in meetings and busy!  Therefore I picked up Tucker and we took him to the hospital.  Brandon packed him in and they checked him out, told him he would need stitches and that they were busy.  Tucker proceeded to take a 2 -3 hour nap in the hospital bed and I relaxed, called and canceled all appointments!  Around 3 :30 they came in to stitch him up and we were dismissed!  We quickly went bu the school and saw the teacher then we went home and I didn't golf that night we were spent and ready to be home!!  Therefore we have washed the wound twice daily and new bandages twice a day.  He has done a great job and we get to see about taking them out Friday!  The knee has been a little challenging since they told us not to let him pull them out! When we got home and he wanted to ride his bike we told him no since he can't bend it and he said, " I can't do anything anymore!"  He didn't realize it was only for 10 days.  Therefore he is hoping to get them out Friday and he will match his dad and have a scar on the right knee!!!!  I will try to get pictures uploaded soon!

1 comment:

  1. Tuck was such a big boy and got those 7 stitches. I have never seen him that quiet before and he sat like a trooper at Denny's. Memories are made daily! Glad I was close and able to assist Denny until Brandon got there. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete