Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Hunt is On...

Well for an early Christmas/Birthday Present, my lovly husband bought me a Diamond!  The Edge Diamond Bow and Arrow!!  Yes pretty pink arrows and a pretty pink release, a new whisker biscuit rest and new broad heads!!  All in one it will be remembered Christmas morning because I am pretty sure it is the most expensive thing he has bought me for well...  a while and him and the boys were with me when we shot it and they all said, " Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas"!  With all said I have been in a tree stand 4 times, 3 evening nights and this morning!  Not going to lie it is a little scary to walk in the timber in the dark, but oh well, I can do it! 
I have shot at 2 nice bucks, they have come out early in the night like 5 oclock and they have both been within 10 yards, not sure why I can't hit them, but it is frustrating and I just continue to try!  I didn't get to go tonight, because well, we have 2 small children and they can't stay home by themselves therefore one of us has to stay home and let the other one go!  So maybe tomorrow I will see another buck worth shooting and I will hit it or kill it!!!  The challenge is on, and my husband tells me that is why they call it hunting, not killing!  We all miss he says!

1 comment:

  1. What a new pastime for you! Remember to enjoy the time to reflect and see nature. I am never quite sure what is next for you but good luck on this adventure. Be careful not to fall out of that tree! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete