Tuesday, August 18, 2009

12 hours

In twelve hours I will be deep into the soft, energetic, mothering, caring, helping, patient, and wonderful self I can be when I have to be. Tomorrow is the very first day of Kindergarten for 25 lovely students in Scotland County and guess who (hopefully) the apple of their eye will be when May rolls around ME! It is somewhat amazing to me how scared, helpless, timid, shy, bashful those wonderful little soles can be the first 3 days of school.
Then the excitement is over and the real life school every day hits and they think not everything (but still most) is exciting.
As I fall asleep tonight wondering how many tears there will be, how many times I will say some beautiful name(s) of the students I think will be my challenge, how many chicken nuggets will be on the floor at lunch, how much ketchup each will have. Most Kindergarten kids have never been able to squirt their own ketchup. Look out!!!! So I need all of the luck I can get and hope for a great new year.

1 comment:

  1. You can roll along with the best of them but when you get a good nights sleep things seem to go better! Have a good start, Love MOM

    ReplyDelete