Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is that?

Well we have had a good weekend! Thank you Grandma for watching the boys Saturday and all night! Brandon and I went to Summer Splash with some friends and had a great time!!!! We got home about 11 today and I thought we would have chicken nuggets and french fries then take a few naps! Well I start the oven, go outside to shuck some sweet corn, as I am shucking Tayden comes out yelling for me to come to the house.( I am thinking what now, your dad is in there) When I enter I could smell the smoke smell coming from the kitchen, instantly I am like WHAT IS IT? Brandon says well I don't know but it was blue. Yes there was something melted in the oven and it was blue and making a great aroma. So I think to myself get out the deep fat fryer, I have one and don't use it very often, I get it out and plug it in. (thinking okay no biggy I can use it) Then I notice it is smoking and making a great aroma itself, great so I unplug it and take it to the garage. Well by now the kitchen smells like a pile of roses and lunch is not even started. Plan C use the skillet, microwave the chicken nuggets, boil the corn all is good. I start the skillet with hot oil, get the nuggets done. (I am still peeling blue plastic off of the oven rack) The french fries become done, so I get the spatula to get them out pick up the skillet and oil spills on the hot burner. Oil burner = small fire. Oh #$@% I say, BRANDON get in here. Tayden is yelling oh no, what mom, crap dad. I grab the flour thinking grease fire use flour, spill the oatmeal and Brandon comes in to see the fire is out no big deal!!! I put things away and get the broom out of the cabinet to clean up the oatmeal. There is no dust pan, guess what the blue plastic was in the oven, melted.


We did eat lunch, I got it cleaned up Tayden was a big help he went to feed the chickens the scraps and dumped the bowl of scraps, at this point I said oh well it happens!!!

It is now 5:00 we have had naps and I think we are going fishing tonight. The day is looking better than it did from 11:30 - 12:30. Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. My, My that cute little blond guy can cause havoc can't he! I'll bet you look in the oven before you turn it on for awhile. Should have ate lunch with us. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. ug, I posted a comment yesterday and it didn't save!! anyways, totally not ignoring your call...just had one of THOSE days. I'll holler at you tomorrow...can't wait to hear your class list :) I have a feeling from your voice that you have 1 of mine!

    ReplyDelete