Sunday, January 17, 2010

Obligation or Privilege?

Is it an obligation or privilege to worship the lord? That was the sermon today at church, it got me to thinking about lots of things. I know we should be thankful for the small things we have and yes it is my life and yes I am living it the way I want to, I know that some days I could make better choices, serve the lord in different ways and be more giving. The minister also talked about living our life to share or give to others and yes I try to do that as a wife, mother and teacher, but I probably could give more and share more of myself. I don't feel that it is an obligation for me to go to church, worship, serve the lord and share myself, I feel like that is part of my life, my world, one of the choices that I make and yes it is a privilege to have a church family and people to help fill my childrens plates at spaghetti lunches at the church. It is a privilege to have two wonderful boys to go pick up from Denny's everyday, to have a job to go to that is warm(some days to warm), to have coffee to drink, to sleep in my wonderful bed with new flannel sheets(yes leslie I totally see the difference). I have lots of privileges in my life and this week I will try to charish those privileges more. I have to charish the quilt that is done and on my bed also. (pictures to come)

Do you think that it is an obligation or privilege to live your daily life and serve the lord?????

1 comment:

  1. I do not think it is an obligation. It is a privilege that not everybody in this world has. I give myself to others but could probably reach out to people other than family and friends more! I will try to do better -- thank you for sharing your lives with us, Love MOM

    ReplyDelete