Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Little boy

I am blogging with a little boy on my lap this morning. I am drinking coffee and he is drinking apple juice! We are getting along great, I am trying not to think we are doing awesome incase we have a bad day or two in the later part of the week. Tucker is very brave and obviously very strong! He didn't hardly cry yesterday and he never really complained! He was great last night and didn't sleep much until at bedtime he finally gave up and fell asleep on the couch. He slept all night and finally got up about 7. He did not wake up for medicine at all in the night and did awesome. We are going to try to go to strait tylonel today instead of the pain medicine. He has ate great and even had some chips and dip last night. The doctor said to let him eat whatever, that he didn't believe with all the talk about chips and red jello, therefore we let him and it seemed to go fine, I broke them into little pieces. Also he has been very active. He has been playing, talking, squealing, and playing with Tayden. Tayden is struggling a little to be quiet and calm. (shocker I know). Thankfully Tayden goes to school at 9:30 and won't be home till about 4:00.

As for Brandon and I, we got along fine yesterday, I only got lost once at the hospital trying to get back to the one day surgery after I had went to get Tucker a balloon! I was sure glad I went for the balloon also. I took him a package to open and it was new Spiderman underwear, well I decided to get a balloon to go along with it. He held the balloon and underwear until 8:00 last night. I finally took the underwear off the balloon and added a soft puppy animal, he still calls it his balloon and holds it some this morning. Wow am I glad I decided that we would get a balloon. We got along fine and made it through the day. Do I have to confess that there was a small part of me prepared for an even longer day. I was a little worried with all of his issues, that we would be there all night long. I was also a little worried that they would decide not to do the surgery. But I am thankful and glad god was looking out for us that things went as planned and we only had to stay about an hour longer than planned. Thanks for all of your calls yesterday as well!!!!! Well I had better go, I hear a few fast footprints behind me!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Bish family! Remember day 2 and 3 can be a little rough. We continue the prayers and just enjoy the time together. I am a pro at getting lost in hospitals. You would think as much time as I've spent there it would get easier but they keep remodeling! Have the best day possible. We are all cheering for a quick recovery! Love ya all! Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything went well yesterday. It's amazing how fast kids bounce back!

    Enjoy your time at home.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad it went so well! will continue praying these next few days that he stays on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blog book! Tucker sure looked great this evening when we were at your house. He is a tough kid as most are. Plus look at who his Mom is! Prayers have been answered but keep up the good work. Just let him rest and spend some MOMMY time -- Love MOM

    ReplyDelete