Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rockstar

Do you know what it feels like to be a rockstar? To have people tell you, that you did great and are so great! Wow that was awesome!! Well on Friday I came as close as I probably am going to get at being a ROCKSTAR!! It felt great- it was the same or maybe not quite as great as being on the State Volleyball team or the Tennis team, but well it was definately the closest I have been to a rockstar since I graduated High School and no longer have those teams to boost my self confidence.

Do I have to admit that the average age of believing I was a rockstar was 8 year olds. On Friday we had an assembly and the man asked the guidance counseler and I to pariticipate so of course I did(why wouldn' t I) it was throwing some type of ball and yes that is better for me than singing or dancing!!! After the small tasks of throwing and catching a ball with a long tail we had a seat and life went on! Well of course the kids thought it was great and the 1st graders (i had last year) thought it was wonderful!!

Make a long story short, it doesn't take much to impress kids and it is okay that they may be the only ones who think- I rock, at least some do. It was fun and definately reminds me of why I do my job. For updates, my class is improving their behavior and I beginning to enjoy MOST of them!! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You ARE a ROCKSTAR! It's fun to think back and realize how you should have enjoyed those "special" moments more at the time. Nobody can take those memories away from you and your school kids have no ideal what is in your past! I still enjoy remembering the exciting times. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete